ABS boards

I hope this is the right place. I have received my ABS kick panels and did some experminting on the sample piece and it works. What I did was sand an area real good with 320 and and sprayed both the ABS and the material,vinel I think, with the Orange 3M and let it almost dry then sprayed again with a light coat and pressed them together while rubbing them. The reason I did this was to work the 3M into all the little rough areas of the material and the textured areas of the ABS I tested it 24 hours later and it is stuck.

Does anybody else out there would like to share how they did it.

Welcome!

I take you are typing about my VW Bus ABS plastic kick panels (my real business) and applying vinyl / cloth material to them?

I have some ABS door panels at a local upholstery shop and they did sand to roughen up the ABS so the glue would bond better with the vinyl. But we are seeing how they hold up over a little time exposured to weather…:rolleyes:

They use Weldon upholstery glue and Weldon does make special ABS solvents too & we are trying them too.

Whenever painting or gluing to ABS, wash them down with rubbing alcohol to remove any mold releases or hand greases!

PS: Do you have a Westy camper?