Welcome to Engineering Talk

This forum is dedicated all engineering questions.
Feel free to ask questions about CAD software, Finite Element Method, engineering workflow, homework questions, anything related to the planning and design phase of composite materials.

cool:cool:

This forum will be my next home. I have just left my job. Vehicle Re-finisher since i was 16.

I just began to hate the job. after a long hard think i decided to quit and go back to collage.

I will be starting in September learning basic 2D drawing and machine setting and operation.

Soon as i get a copy of CAD and Solid works i will get a portfolio going and starting to draw basic things like nuts and bots etc

Really exited!!

That’s awesome. College is tons of fun, especially if you find a group of people to study with. Which cad software besides Solidworks are you going to use?

I do not know 100 percent but I am there tomorow so I will ask.

Any spercific to learn? That you recomend. I have just got solid works 2009 bible to dig into aswell. 1170 od page of info.

I am doing this because I’m 23 no wife or kids and I am doing it now before its to late. Wish I carryed on my btec national diploma in information tech instead of going to an automotive collage.

Don’t sweat about picking the “wrong” path. You’re only 23 so you have plenty of time to switch around. What major are you doing specifically so I can make my recommendations more accurate?