Water versus Solvent Based Release Agents

Does anyone have any long-term experience with the performance of water based, semi-permanent release agents and how they compare with solvent-based? I’m currently having issues with adhesive surfacing films heavily degrading the tool surface of some of my BMI carbon molds. I’ve been told that water based released agents typically slip better, but are often ridiculed by lay-up technicians trying to get material to stick.

We have a waterbased release agent that has relly good slip/release but allows high tack of In Mould Coatings, Spray adhesive and prepregs.
I know it sounds strange that it can have good tack but stil
releases perfect.
If interested contact me, we have few 5 Liter canister in the states that I can sell.

We do a lot of polyurethane parts in aluminum molds. On the same high-quantity part we have used a water based and solvent based release from Chem Trend. Chem-Trend considers these equivalent products for the application. The solvent based works perfectly every time as long as we hit all the nooks and crannies (odd shaped part). The water based has potentially mold damaging sticking on the very first pull. I should add that many other releases failed in this application, including Frekote, and Chem-Trend has been amazing to work with. I think its always going to depend on the two releases you are comparing, but for me the water based was significantly worse.