Usernames now restricted to alphanumeric

I’m in the process of adding new features to this site, unfortunately some of them require me to place restrictions on usernames.

New users cannot register with characters other than a-z A-Z and 0-9 in their username. This includes spaces and hyphens.

Existing users with spaces or hyphens in their username may have to change it in the future. If this becomes necessary I’ll post a thread with instructions on how to proceed.

Too bad, I just wanted to change my username into:

ch!n33ze_$p@mm3r

[end of joke]

Kudos for you on all your effort on making and keeping this place interesting.

We don’t mind chinese spammers here, just the ones from the Netherlands that keep blabbering on about all these fancy cars and parts they’re making.

It’s quite annoying that these Dutch spammers keep making the rest of us look bad

Oh yes. We make you look bad. But keep in mind that I am just a sales person. Too stupid for anything else… :slight_smile:

Johannes, although young, has a hell of a lot of experience in different fields. Quite amazing. I still remember back in 2008 or so, when he popped up at a national boat show, where I was doing resin infusion demonstrations: “Hi, I am Johannes, can I help?”. He stayed for 3 days.

Bummer, I’ve had Kevin Doe for over 10 years and I use the same name on probably 20 forums.

I may have figured out a workaround, I’ll let you know after further testing