tidal powered water pump

I’ve wanted to build this pump for a few years but couldn’t figure out what material to use. I found this web site and knew I was in the right spot. I’ve never worked with carbon fiber before. I read everything I could find on the different methods and decided on infusion.
OK, I need to move at least 3,000 gals. of water a minute to feed my oyster nursery. Most people use an ice eater pump or a paddle wheel but I have no access to electricity but I do have a 1 knot current passing by the nursery so here is my tidal powered pump. I live on an Island and we have the highest electricity cost in USA. The big prop is 9 feet in dia. by 55" pitch that will

drive the small 28" by 55" pitch 6 times faster than the big one. I have a roller chain connecting the two sprockets.
In the pictures it’s upside down. It will hang off the back of my upweller. The small prop is at the end of a 26 foot x 40" x 40" tank with oyster seed covering the bottom on mesh screen so when water is removed from the tank it is replaced by water passing through the seed. I hope it works!
I wish I could make the picture smaller but don’t know how. Sorry

Are you kidding?!?!?!? Your first composite project and you infuse a 9’ diameter prop? That’s remarkable and great work. Would like to see it in action and more details on how you went about it. Yeah that HUGE picture is hard to look at. Wow, congrats.

DSCN1333.JPG
I figured I start by building a blade for the prop. Here is the start of my jig. I wanted a 55" pitch so it would turn at least 10 RPM and shed eel grass and anything in the water. I epoxied three layers of 1/8" ply with the last layer fitting tight. DSCN1351.JPG Then I laid down three layers of 2x2 twill fiberglass then I painted it with 3 heavy coats of epoxy paint and sanded it down to about 400 grit. Here is the finished mold. Inside the cavity I wired 3 100 watt light bulbs with pie plates over them so the surface got to about 110f degrees in an 85f degree garage. DSCN1355.JPG The blue tape was my flange area and I didn’t want to get any release agent on it. I didn’t know what I was doing! Now I know the yellow tacky tape will sticks just fine. My layup was 5 layers of 2x2 twill carbon fiber, 1/8" foam and 5 more layers of carbon fiber alternating from 0/90 to 45/45. the foam stopped 2" from the edge and I laid 11 layers of 2" fiberglass tape to make up the thickness of the foam. Here’s my setup.DSCN1464.JPG