Ok what happened here?

Evan is no longer here? I just read an article and noticed he’s a guest?!? And werksburg…forums??? Am I blind or has there been some kinda evil prank played on us??? Sorry but can someone fill me In?

My attention was drawn to this today with canyons mod post… And I noticed how much the trees grew around me so to speak!

How long have you been gone from this place Dallas? Also who’s this Evan guy? I noticed he started the forums but disappeared on this forum and others.

Kinda weird realizing how old this forum is. When it was started I had just graduated middle school and was more concerned as to why Allison Harvey didn’t like me rather than composites…

Evan was one of the best carbon fiber automotive fabricators hands down!!! He did some amazing work!!! I’m looking for some of his posts and projects and it looks like he just disapeared… Evan truly brought VIP to the automotive scene. I saw it happen no joke and it happened here!!!

Did he get rich and quit retire what?!?

Then… This place used to be called werksburg forums way back in the day… And there was a small store you could buy stuff on…now it’s gone???

Is werksburg still here?

Any OG still here?

Canyon did you buy this site?

I never knew I left really I guess there is alot I missed.

Ok this is what I mean… How is riff the only guy above me on join date…what happened to everyone.?!? I know I wasn’t the 2nd person to join… Damn

I definitely didn’t buy this site. I don’t really buy anything I haven’t had a real job for two years and all my money goes straight into books and tuition. When I shop if the meat costs more than a dollar a pound I won’t buy it. Werksberg just handed it over cause he couldn’t/didn’t want to spend the maintaining it anymore.

When I first got this site I got some hate mail from people thinking I was Evan. From what I was told he took a bunch of people’s money and ran with it, at some point the forum went to Werksberg. I joined in Feb 2010 (Took Werksberg over a week to approve me since he was backlogged manually approving people) and this place had a big spam problem. In July it just went down, so I called Werksberg and asked him what happened. He said he he didn’t have enough time to work on this site and just stopped paying the hosting fees. I went to his house, got a database and front end dump and started working on the site fixing almost everything. Had to buy a new license too.

Evan’s entire user account had been deleted and a bunch of random posts and threads were deleted too. Someone came through the database and just got rid of tons of stuff sometime back.

One thing for sure though is I didn’t know how much drama this site had it it’s history. I just started coming here because I needed to learn how to make composites, and then decided the best thing I could do to give back is maintain the place so other people who like this place or could benefit from it can come here too.

Wow I remember when evan was in trouble but it seemed like I was oblivious to the major changes that took place. Wow!!! That’s all I can say. I’m glad you stepped up…

Haha talk about letting those trees grow!

I’ve gone on the hunt for the oldest members before and your right Dallas you and riff are old timers! Instead of composite expert above your guys name it should say composite grandpa. :eek:

Good suggestion :wink:

You guys suck!!!

For Rotorage in case he missed it :smiley:

8-23-2011 7-59-44 PM.png

Love it ha ha ha

That’s to funny. When I first saw it I was like :eek::laugh:

Glad the site is in the hands it is. Evan…while being a great guy, got in under his head…even I was adversely affected due to the disappearance.

It made many of us old-timers …more cautious in the Inter-web activity for sure.

No doubt he was one of the best fabricators in the aftermarket auto industry at the time!!!