Composites Training

Could anyone recommend / rate a company that provides any composites training of between 5-10 days? Ive been considering darkmattercomposites in the UK who have been fairly unresponsive in the last 2-3 weeks or so (Europe would probably be a more cost effective option from SA but not limited to it).

Any other ideas?

Ive been at the infusion process for just over 18 months now and have not yet been in a position to produce a part that I am comfortable in making available publically. Yeah…I know :eek: …thats why I need hands on assistance.

So the course content should include I guess the basics with focus on bagging and infusion.

I would really appreciate any assistance.

Cheers
Ronnie

try http://www.raacomposites.com/

It is located in London Ontario, not sure if this helps…

Harv

Thank you. Ill definitley check it out.

Ronnie

Dark Matter is pretty good, but maybe not as professional as other places.
Abaris has good courses, and they have one just for infusion.
If you wanted to come hang out in So Cal for a few weeks, you could take my classes. :slight_smile:

tet can you provide more info on your classes, i’m thinking about taking some training. thanks.

Where are you located?
I have several training programs available, or can develop one to suit specific needs of a customer. Part of my business is consulting and training employees for large composites manufacturers.
Everything from designing/developing patterns for mold making with wet lay-up, to manufacturing helicopter rotor blades with prepreg.

feel for us in australia - we dont have anything like that :frowning:
i pushed for classes and 4 years later theyve come in - about 3 1/2 hours away from where i live… online learning and trial and error in person is how i learnt … [and by working in the industry, but you can only learn so much from fibreglassers who arent interested in fibreglass lol [which is the majority unfortunatley].

tet thanks for the quick reply, i’m located in las vegas. Can you please pm or reply here about the training programs that you give, cost, duration, and anything other info. Thanks again.

is there any good literature about techniques for making carbon fiber stuff?

West Systems sells a vacuum bagging guide. There are also some scattered articles and websites across the internet. From my experience though the best guides are on forums like these since you can ask questions and the amount of detail is much higher than you’ll see anywhere else.

here? haha

Could you email me any info on this at nick.r.rubino@gmail.com

I’m very interested in doing some hands on classes as well. I want to take my fabricating to the next level. I even thought of going to school for materials engineering, but I just thought it was good to keep this as a hobby of mine for now. I also just figured I was more marketable doing business as my major.

thanks, and sorry for the old post.

At NCSU? Having been through the majority of that program I would recommend Mechanical engineering instead and make sure to pay attention in your materials classes. If you want to keep going get a graduate degree in materials, then you can specify more to composites design. Materials Science and Engineering is so broad that you will maybe take a tech elective dealing with polymers and I think they added an undergraduate composites tech elective, but I really think a degree in mechanical will be more productive (again, at the undergraduate level). Reason being, mechanical will give you a much much better basis in component design and load analysis, which you will need before you complicate things with anisotropic materials.

I know you didn’t really ask, but since you were interested in learning and taking university classes (and live in fayetteville) I thought I would volunteer my two cents on that subject.

I agree about the materials science degree. If you’re concerned about learning about composites materials science would be a poor choice. Most of it will be concerned on metals and ceramics with some polymers and even less composites. As said above Mech E will give you a solid basis of design and analysis of structures and an advanced degree or training in composites will help you utilize all that knowledge.

im in orange county California, i want to get into composites for automotive. where can i go for training? cerritos college is close by and offer composite course, but is there anything better?

+1 Very intelligent post.

I think that is what is known as spam there herman lol

Hey TET I am also very interested in your course could you send me more info?

Appreciate it

Hai Tet i am in India, is there any possibilites to learn from you?

I live in Los Angeles CA and I’m interested in taking carbon fiber composite classes. are your classes still available. Or does anybody know where I can take some classes near around los Angeles California