Composites related class and training courses

You’re welcome to post the ones that you know. Here are some in and around Southern California.

Cerritos College - This one probably has the most extensive training program when it comes to composites and plastics in general.

OCROP - Fiberglass and Plastics taught by J. McNear. I am actually attending this class twice a week just to gain any additional knowledge that I can. James is a great instructor with over 20 years of experience. He also builds his own race cars and is an avid weekend racer. This course is provided by Orange County ROP program and is open to all adults as well.

It is CCROP and it is located in Garden Grove near Beach Blvd. and Katella. The classes are free and on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6 to 9:30 PM.

For more information (714) 663-6546 and also for signing up too.

There’s also a Rop Fiberglass and Plastics program down in the San Diego in the Spring Valley area: Tom McGrath (619) 463-5551.

There’s a SAMPE composites trade show coming to the San Diego in Nov., try www.sampe.org for more information.

For Cerritos site: www.mfgskills.com

There’s some design and composites programs (set up from a worldly instructor, Bob Shurman, from the pasadena Art Center) at a new Irvine college but I’m planning to stop by there after my racing season is over to check them out.

If you are interested in Injection molding and those types of molds programs, there’s a program out at Riverside College area.

JM

anyone know of anything in the western NY or western PA area?

Cerritos College (in So. calif. area) is having a free vacuum bagging seminar this Friday 12/17. Check out www.mfgskills.com for more information.

Tell them JM from GGROP told ya…

Definately worth it if you’re local

Any in the Chicagoland area? I would love to make it out to something to help me out a bit.

Sorry, but we are located in So. Calif area and you are in Chicago.

Try looking at the Sampe site and maybe Google “fiberglass / composites boat building” and see if anything pops up for you. I know there is shows and the like in Florida and you just might have to bite the bullet and travel.

Knowledge isn’t cheap.

Here’s another school: http://www.abaris.com/

Abaris Training is having a class in Reno, NV. on April 11th to the 15th. Only…$1,595.00, but it is for 5 days.

www.abaris.com or (800) 638-8441

JM

OK, I tried to add a new thread but only for Evan… :wink: :wink:

If you want to go to the best composite trade show, SAMPE is coming May 3 to 5th at Long Beach, Calif.

www.sampe.org

Here’s ACMA schedule:

NACE
April 3-7, 2005
George R. Brown Convention Center
Houston, TX

JEC
April 5-7, 2005
Paris Expo - Porte de Versailles
Paris, France

SAMPE
May 1-5, 2005
Long Beach Convention Center
Long Beach, CA

ACMA Executive Committee Meeting
May 10, 2005
Arlington, VA

ACMA Board of Directors Meeting
May 11, 2005
Arlington, VA

ACMA Lobby Day
May 12, 2005
Capitol Hill
Washington, DC

ACMA ACA Strategy & Technology Meeting
May 25, 2005
The Community House
Birmingham, MI

ACMA Match Metal Die Meeting
May 25, 2005
The Community House
Birmingham, MI

ACMA Advanced Open Molding Symposium
June 29 - 30, 2005
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Atlantic City, NJ

ACMA ACA Annual Golf Tournament
September 20, 2005
Bay Pointe Golf Club
Bloomfield Hills, MI

COMPOSITES 2005
September 28 - 30, 2005
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, OH

IBEX 2005
October 19-21, 2005
Miami Beach Convention Center
Miami, FL

COMPOSITES 2006
October 18 - 20, 2006
Cervantes Convention Center
St. Louis, MO

COMPOSITES 2007
October 17-19, 2007
Tampa Convention Center
Tampa, FL

COMPOSITES 2008
October 15 - 17, 2008
Anaheim Convention Center
Anaheim, CA

I just got the go ahead to rewrite my course outline(s) which was close to 30 years old and I had to cover the whole plastics field in 180 hours!

They will be 2x free Plastics GGROP classes (if all goes as planned) next Sept.:

1x for Thermoformable Plastics with 180 hours

and 1x for Thremosetting and Elastomer Plastics with another 180 hours.

With the TS / Elastomer class, we’ll try and get vacuum Infusion process, vacuum bagging, RVBS, prepregs and oven curing too (I will write in autoclaving but I’m not going to hold my breath for one soon, but if it is included, it can be added later), besides lots of Plug / mold making too.

Anything on the east coast?

Man why are you so far? or it is me??? I wish i could find courses locally here.

Well, I did post in the main Forum section that I was thinking of having a Spring 1 or 2 weekend days hands on seminar for a low fee to offset renting my classroom (insurance deal I’m told…even tho I’m down there on weekends fixing stuff, making improvements and working on some of my own projects too), but no responses yet. It takes time to put it together…

JM GGROP Werksberg Products

Try finding a composites course or seminar in australia :confused:

Stay tuned here…wink, wink!

i am ty for your help

Im looking to hire some compostie techs with experiance. The molds are not too difficult.

Anyone will to drive to Burbank, Ca. Can apply No matter where you live.
part time work ONLY!

Anyone know if similar courses are offered in Northern California?

Cheers,
Roy