Autoclave size selection

Hellow

What should be ideal size of autoclave if part size is around 9m length X 1m Width X .25m Height?

Is 4m Dia and 10m Length Sufficient?

Well depends on the size of your mould!

4 by 10 meter ist quite big. But whatever you buy, it will be to small :stuck_out_tongue:
If you only do that part I would chose a smaller diameter, less volume less costs.

Normally with claves the price goes up with the diameter rather than the lengh
So if its the only job your going to put in there go just over your diameter
Bear in mind it will probably have heaters in the base so you will be measuring from the floor to roof not the full diameter

They are like workshops never big enough trust me if you have a 4mtr wide clave you will get a job that requires a 4.5mtr wide opening.

I have three Autoclaves in various sizes length is never an issue its always the width that matters.

Call up American Autoclave. They’re good on giving advice. I would say you’d need probably about a 1.5-2 meter diameter autoclave. I have no idea how much that would be, but I know a 4 meter autoclave is on the order of $1,000,000, pretty much regardless of length.

Please take in consideration:

• cost of heating that big autoclave
  • cost of pumping that big autoclave with air

If you have work for that size autoclave that would already be costed in manufacturing cost of the part.

Yes, but I noticed that in Poland for instance you can buy 10 meter long autoclave for almost the same price as 2,5 meter long. And when somebody is choosing bigger one because it is at the same price, then he should be aware about heating cost and pumping with air cost that big autoclave.

We are manufacturer of Composite Autoclave
contact us for further discussion

Rakesh Verma (Overseas Manager)
rakesh@olymspan.com
+86-13861177443
www.compositeautoclave.wordpress.com

We are manufacturer of Composite Autoclave
contact us for further discussion

Rakesh Verma (Overseas Manager)
rakesh@olymspan.com
+86-13861177443
www.compositeautoclave.wordpress.com