glossy finish both sides

Thanks hanaldo

yes im currently just using wax, i will definetly try a chemical release agent. Also i think my upper glass mold is not thick enough maybe i could fix that.

Dear DD Compound, the flow media you linked too is great but the thickness is 1.5mm. For my application the thickness of my laminate is around 2mm and then its machined into a business card holder.

I am guessing the thickness of the flow media is too thick to begin with? another scenario could be that under the pressure of the vaccum the flow media gets compressed as well, if so what kinda thickness will the flow media have post curing inside the laminate…

Also do you know of any other interlaminar micro mesh flow media available around0.5mm in thickness

i think this will be perfect for my application

What size should your panels be? That is the most important question.

Need two panels, one is 2mm and the other is 2.5mm. So with such small thicknesses and the fact that I’m going to engrave into them by CNC i was wondering whether interlaminar media would take up too much thickness

Yes, but what dimensions should they have? 10cm, 1m, 50m?

Dear DD compound, the dimensions will be 300 mm by 300 mm and the thickness of the sheet- one will be 2mm and the other 2.5mm

tolerances ± 0.02 mm is fine for this application.

Vectorply makes a micromesh thats super thin(I believe its 15gsm), but its kinda expensive, and it doesnt have a high low rate like normal flow medias. It only improves flow over not have nay flow media. We use to make double sided panels and parts this way

Dear Hojo,

Thanks for the heads up, i contacted vector ply for the prices… any idea how they price their products like a ball park figure while i wait for their reply?

Please let me know